shabby background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010


Trey's first Christmas was so fun and memorable. We were at my mom's house along with all my siblings and their kids. I loved it!!! It was a Christmas miracle! We also woke up to a white Christmas. The first in Alabama history. We opened our presents while the snow was falling - it was too cool. After a delicious breakfast casserole Kimberly made, we all went back to sleep for a nap. The Harris's came over for lunch and then we went to Uncle Jimmy's for dinner with the Bynum's. It was a very busy day! The 26th was just as busy. We went to Bruce's Aunt Linda's house with all of his family. David and Katie were there and it was nice to see them for a hot second. Then we drove to Helena to Uncle Steve's for Christmas with the Bailey's. Dad was actually somewhat normal. What a relief.

Through all this travel Trey has slept in so many different beds, but he has done amazingly well! I was worried about nap time, because he usually sleeps in his swing, but he has started falling asleep on his own in his bed! It is amazing!! I'll put him in his bed and say "lay down!" and he actually lays down! It takes him a few minutes to fall asleep - he will stand up and talk and giggle and throw his paci, but then he will bend over and lay his head down and wiggle around until he's asleep. I'm so proud of him! Such a relief! He is also still sleeping 12 hours at night. I couldn't ask for a better travel baby.

We were such a sight when we traveled to Alabama on Dec 23. At the airport, we had 5 checked bags, 2 carry on bags, a baby bag, a stroller, a dog in a crate, and a baby. Security ended up not being a problem at all and we zoomed on through. Maggie did really well considering it was her first time to fly. And Trey slept on both legs of the flight. Timing and everything worked out perfectly. I was so relieved. I don't look forward to flying back to Utah in April by myself. It will be a challenge without Bruce.

About a week ago, I was telling everybody that Trey wasn't really saying much - as far as words or things that make any sense. Well he has really changed that within the past few days. He has been saying mama mama over and over and it completely melts my heart. Today he started saying dada dada - the first time ever! I love his baby babble.

We have noticed him becoming so smart. It's amazing how quickly they change from an infant who just sits there and into a little toddler walking around, getting into everything and learning all sorts of things. There is this toy where you put a ball into a hole and it slides down a little slide. I did it one time for him and then asked him if he could do it and he immediately did it! I was so amazed. Later, I had been playing with him with this Winnie the Pooh toy that has 3 characters - the Tigger, Roo, and Piglet. Later Glenda got the same toy out and Trey reached into the cavernous toy box and drew out those 3 characters to go with it. He knew which ones to grab! Such a smart cookie.

Bruce leaves for Utah tomorrow and then he's off to Afghanistan on Jan 11th. It doesn't seem real yet and I've yet to have an emotional breakdown. Hopefully I can hold it together when we say goodbye at the Huntsville airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment