shabby background

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Potato Soup on Crack

The soup in the beginning stages. No hamburger meat added yet.
 
 
We recently had some friends over and I wanted to try something new - so of course I hit up Pinterest. (Does anybody even use cookbooks anymore? I recently got mine out and had to dust them off!) This recipe was a big hit! The boys literally licked the crock pot clean. Today is another cold and bleary Saturday at home, full of family time and football, and Bruce has requested it again. If you want a link to the blog where I originally found it click here. She calls it Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. We call it Potato Soup on Crack. It's delicious!
 

  • 1lb of lean ground beef
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 8 slices of bacon
  • 32 oz Southern Style Hasbrowns
  • 32 oz velveeta cheese (I use the lower fat one made with 2% milk)
  • 32 oz chicken broth stock
  • small onion diced

  •  
     
    Fry up the bacon and crumble it. Brown the hamburger meat (I always season my beef with garlic salt and Lawry's seasoning) Cut up the Velveeta and put it all in the crockpot with all the other ingredients, stir well. Cook on high for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally. Hope you like it as much as we did!!
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment