shabby background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ignorance is Bliss

With baby #2 due to arrive in less than 6 weeks, I'm starting to get a little anxious. Maybe even more anxious than I was with Trey. I cannot figure this out. Maybe it's the fact that I know what I'm getting myself into. I've been through it all and I know the difficulties that lie ahead. Except this time there will be even more to learn with having two. I think with Trey I was blissfully blind about parenting and having a baby. I had rose colored glasses on and saw everything in blue and pink. You learn very quickly that things aren't always going to be as peachy as you imagined. Now don't misunderstand me - having Trey was the greatest thing to happen to us. The good by far outweighs the bad. He's our little man cub. Our Buddy Trey. He is such a funny, energetic, sweet, and loving little boy. I can't believe he's already 2 1/2! Our challenges now are entirely different than they were in the beginning (obv). (Can someone please tell me the secret to disciplining a 2 year old?) It has been such a wonderful journey. One that I cannot imagine with anyone other than Bruce. We have tackled every obstacle together, and gotten through each one. He's such a great father and husband. So loving. So supportive. I look forward to the challenges ahead with him by my side.

Even with an amazing amount of confidence, my mind is still constantly thinking about all the changes we are going to go through. I find myself worrying about the little everyday things. I have dreams about leaving one behind at the store, or forgetting to feed one, and a whole range of crazy pregnancy dreams. I even worry about the labor and delivery even though I called my first one "breezy." Everybody says the 2nd delivery happens much quicker. I have this fear of going into labor so fast, I won't be able to have an epidural. I need the drugs. I have NOT practiced lamaze. I know all these worries are probably common and things will be just fine. I try not to obsess over it. I'm a pretty tough ole gal, and a wonderful mother. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Prayer has a LOT to do with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment