shabby background

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sick as a Dog!

I feel like we have been rung through the ringer. It has been a rough couple of weeks! We left Auburn on Jan 11 and Trey woke up the next day with a runny nose, sneezing and just cranky. When we got to Huntsville on Jan 21 he started an awful cough. I finally took him to the doctor on Jan 25 and found out he had RSV and an ear infection. He was prescribed amoxicillin for the ear infection and was told there was nothing they could do for the cough. We would just have to wait it out. The poor little fella sounded like he would cough up his lungs. I woke up about a week ago to severe vomiting and diarrhea that lasted about 5 hours. Glenda caught it the next day and she was out for a couple of days. It takes such a toll on your body. We still don't really know what we had - maybe food poisoning - maybe a stomach virus that had been going around. We heard from Linda that she had strep throat and I said to Daddy Mac - I would rather have a stomach virus for a week than a bad sore throat. Do you know what happened? OF COURSE I got a sore throat not 2 days later. When this said sore throat showed up I was insistent that I would NOT be sick again - so I avoided it until I woke up Saturday to what felt like a full blown sinus infection. I had a sore throat, major congestion, sneezing, headaches and cough. Glenda gave me some amoxicillin and I took it for 3 days until I woke up this morning with an insane looking rash all down the right side of my body. There were monster welts and it itched. I couldn't imagine anything else going wrong. I wanted to cry. I took some benadryl and it was gone when I woke up 3 hours later. I went to the doc in a box and he gave me a steroid shot and 3 Rx so I'm hoping this will all be over soon. Trey is doing much better - he still has a cough and can be cranky, but he's sleeping like an angel averaging 13 hours a night. That really helps because I need my sleep so I can get better. It's hard to take care of a baby who is full of energy no matter how sick he is when you feel like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment