shabby background

Monday, February 1, 2010

First Blog Ever


This is my first blog ever. Yay! I'm hoping this will be a good way for our families to keep up with how things are going in the MacNeill house. Especially now that we are adding a new addition. Bruce Frederick MacNeill, III, or Trey as we so affectionately call him, is due to arrive in our lives around February 16. That is only 15 days away. I can't believe it's already February 1. It seems like just yesterday we were jumping up and down in the bathroom as we read the pregnancy test together. We are getting more and more anxious as we prepare for his birth. I have quit working and last week was my first full week off. It was a wonderful week full of walking at the gym, hanging out with the Schmaggles (our precious dog Maggie) and last minute to-do lists. I'm trying not to get anxious, but my to-do list is getting much smaller. The room is ready (and adorable), the car seat is installed, and our bags are packed :) All we need now is for Trey to make his appearance.

I just want to say that I feel like I have been so blessed throughout this pregnancy. I had very minimal nausea and not many of the usual symptoms that make being preggo so miserable. To tell you the truth, it's mostly been fun. I love my baby bump and my boobs have like doubled in size! Haha! It's awesome! Don't get me wrong...there have been times where the heartburn and sleeplessness have been enough to make me go mad. But I try to look on the bright side. There's a BABY in there! It has been such a miracle to feel and see him grow inside of me. It is mind boggling that I can grow a human life! God is awesome!

So, to update on how things are progressing. I am now 38 weeks and last Wednesday I was about 1 cm dilated and only 20% effaced. I go in for another doctors appointment this Wednesday and she said she will have a better idea whether I will be on time or not. But then again...it's always a guessing game, unless you are induced. I'm not getting too anxious so I can wait a bit longer. He'll come in his own time.
As long as he's healthy, I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. yay sis! I love your blog spot, it's so like you. I can't wait for baby mac to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete