shabby background

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Littles

I read something the other day that really stuck with me. It left me a little sad. A little nostalgic. And very emotional. It was very simple - "While they are my littles." It has made me think about all the things our children only do when they are little. Things that don't last forever, in fact only last a very short while. Things they will grow out of. Priceless things. Things I love. Things that drive me crazy. Things I will wish for when they're older.  I started mentally compiling a list...

Imagination unhinged
Pretend play
Love for animals and the farm
Fascination with the ordinary
Endless days of staying home together
Bottles and sippy cups
Naps
Wiping their noses for them when they're sick...over and over again
Rocking them to sleep
Singing them to sleep
Patting them to sleep
Cuddles
Tantrums and Timeouts
Playing on the playground
Countless "I love you mommy"s
Never-ending chatter
"Mommy, watch this"
"Mommy, I want to tell you something"

I'm sure the list could go on and on ...





No comments:

Post a Comment